We are honored that you are interested in applying to our School. Admission begins in January for the upcoming school year and remains open on a rolling basis until all classes are full. Once a class is full, applicants are placed in a wait pool to fill vacancies. Please call 540-347-3855 for availability.
Admission opens to the public on February 1. Current families, members of Saint James' Episcopal Church and anyone on the Early Application list receive the opportunity to apply before admission is open to the public. Early Application for the 2023-2024 school year is January 20-31. Please see below for more information on Early Application.
Our online application for admission will be available on February 1. (If you are an early application registrant, then you will receive an email with instructions.)
The New Applicant fee is $125, paid online at the time of application submission and is non-refundable.
Early Application is available for those new families who would like to apply before admission is open to the public. The SJES Admissions team will personally call you to remind you about admission events such as Open Houses and preview days and alert you when the application is open. Please note that early application does not guarantee admission to Saint James' Episcopal School.
To request Early Application, complete the Early Application Request form and pay the $150 non-refundable fee. Please note this fee is in addition to the $125 application fee. Early Application ends January 31 and is for new families only. Current SJES families automatically receive early application and do not need to request or pay for it.
Applicants new to the preschool program are required to submit an online application. If the student has attended another preschool, progress reports should be submitted. A shadow day may also be requested.
Applicants new to the elementary program are required to do the following after submitting an online application:
- Visit: Students are required to visit the School for an entire school day with their peers. Evaluation tests may be administered. Student visits are scheduled by appointment and an application must be submitted before a visit can be scheduled. Current school records/transcripts must be received by SJES prior to the visit.
- School Records/Transcripts: All records or transcripts will be requested by SJES from the applicant's school. Records must be received prior to the student visit.
- Prospective Student Evaluation (teacher recommendation): SJES will request an evaluation form from the prospective student's current teacher. Evaluations must be received prior to the student visit.
Saint James' admits new students on the basis of character, past academic day care or school experience, and assessment of the child's potential to profit from and contribute to the life of the School. Among qualified applicants, students are accepted in the following order: (1) current students and their siblings (2) pledging parishioners of Saint James' Episcopal Church (3) Early Application registrants, and (4) all others. Admission continues on a rolling basis until all classes are full. Our commitment to diversity and desire to maintain an inclusive community, which includes students and families of all ethnic, economic, religious and racial backgrounds, is fundamental to our philosophy and mission.
Saint James' Episcopal School is committed to providing an affordable education for families in our community. Limited tuition assistance is available for those who qualify. Interested families must apply to the School before tuition assistance can be requested. For more information on our tuition assistance program, please contact the Business Office at 540-347-3855 x219.
For students admitted to Saint James' Episcopal School, the following must be provided:
- Signed enrollment contract due by date specified in cover letter or within two weeks after acceptance
- School fee, non-refundable ($175 preschool, $350 for kindergarten through grade 5; $550 including Chromebook fee if new to grades 3-5) due by date specified in cover letter or within two weeks after acceptance
- Original birth certificate, if not already on file (we will verify and return original)
- One month's non-refundable tuition (billed by FACTS) due May 10 or 20, depending on personal tuition plan
- Current immunization records for all preschool students or the School Entrance Health Form for new elementary students, due by date specified in cover letter or within two weeks after acceptance