We are honored that you are interested in applying to our School. Admission begins in January for the school year starting in the fall, and remains open on a rolling basis until all classes are full. Once a class is full, a wait list is created to fill vacancies.
Current families, alumni, members of Saint James' Episcopal Church and anyone on the Priority Application list receive admission priority. Priority applications for the new school year are accepted through January 31. Please see below for more information on Priority Application.
Use our online Application for Admission for new applicants, available February 1. If you are a priority applicant, you will receive the appropriate application link via email on January 21.
The New Applicant fee is $100 paid online at time of application submission.
Priority Application is used for applicants who would like to apply before admission is open to the public and after current families apply. When you enlist in Priority Application, the SJES Admissions team will personally call you to remind you about admission events such as Preview Days and alert you when the priority application is open.
To enlist in Priority Application, complete the Priority Application form and return it to the School Office with the $100 application fee made payable to SJES.
Applicants new to the elementary program are required to do the following after submitting an online application:
- Visit: Students are required to visit the School for a half-day (K-2) and full day (grades 3-5). Student visits are scheduled by appointment. Evaluation tests will be administered.
- Parent Interview: Parents of new elementary applicants are required to meet with the Head of School, Rector, and Admission personnel. Interviews are scheduled by appointment.
- School Records/Transcripts: All records or transcripts must be sent directly from the applicant's school to Saint James' using the Records Release form within two weeks of applying online. Records must be received prior to the parent interview.
- Prospective Student Evaluation: Applicants to the Elementary Program must provide a recommendation from their current teacher using the Prospective Student Evaluation form within two weeks of applying online. Evaluations must be received prior to the parent interview.
If you are a current student or the sibling of a current student, use this guideline for admission >
Saint James' admits new students on the basis of character, past academic day care or school experience, and assessment of the child's potential to profit from and contribute to the life of the School. Among qualified applicants, students are accepted in the following order: (1) current students and their siblings (2) pledging parishioners of Saint James' Episcopal Church (3) Priority applicants, and (4) all others. Admission continues on a rolling basis until all classes are full. Our commitment to diversity and desire to maintain an inclusive community, which includes students and families of all ethnic, economic, religious and racial backgrounds, is fundamental to our philosophy and mission.
Saint James' Episcopal School is committed to providing an affordable education for families in our community. Limited tuition assistance is available for those who qualify. Interested families must apply to the School before tuition assistance can be awarded. For more information on our tuition assistance program, please contact the Business Office at 540-347-3855 x219.
- Tuition contract due March 15 or within two weeks after acceptance
- School fee, non-refundable ($125 preschool, $400 grade 3 includes technology fee, $300 all other elementary grades) due March 15 or within two weeks after acceptance
- Original birth certificate, if not already on file (we will copy and return original)
- One month's non-refundable tuition (billed by FACTS) due May 10 or 20, depending on your contract
- Current immunization records for all preschool students or the School Entrance Health Form for new elementary students only, due August 1 or within two weeks after acceptance