We are honored that you are interested in applying to our School. Admission begins in January for the upcoming school year and remains open on a rolling basis until all classes are full. Once a class is full, applicants are placed in a wait pool to fill vacancies. Please call 540-347-3855 for availability.
Admission opens to the public on February 1. Current families, members of Saint James' Episcopal Church and anyone on the Early Application list receive the opportunity to apply before admission is open to the public. Early Application for the 2021-2022 school year opens January 4. Please see below for more information on Early Application.
At SJES, we use continuous enrollment to make things easier for all SJES families and reward such great school loyalty. Once a student is enrolled at SJES, he or she is enrolled until the student graduates fifth grade, or when the family notifies the school that they will not enroll for the upcoming school year. Families who wish to dis-enroll must notify us in writing by March 1 to avoid tuition obligations. No paperwork, no re-enrollment checks; it’s that simple. Watch our video on continuous enrollment.
Use our online application for admission for 2021-2022 (link will be available February 1.) If you are an early application registrant then you will receive the appropriate application link via email.
The New Applicant fee is $125, paid online at time of application submission and is non-refundable.
Early Application is available for those who would like to apply before admission is open to the public. The SJES Admissions team will personally call you to remind you about admission events such as Preview Days and alert you when the application is open. Please note that early application does not guarantee admission to Saint James' Episcopal School.
To enlist in Early Application, complete the Early Application Request form and drop off or mail in a check made payable to SJES for the $150 non-refundable fee. Please note this fee is in addition to the $125 application fee. Early Application ends February 1.
Applicants new to the elementary program are required to do the following after submitting an online application:
- Visit: Students are required to visit the School for a full day. Student visits are scheduled by appointment. Evaluation tests will be administered. (During the pandemic, prospective students will meet virtually with a member of the SJES staff.)
- Parent Interview: Parents of new elementary applicants are required to meet with the Head of School, Rector, and Admission personnel. Interviews are scheduled by appointment. (During the pandemic, parent interviews will be held virtually.)
- School Records/Transcripts: All records or transcripts must be sent directly from the applicant's school to Saint James' using the Records Release form within two weeks of applying online. Records must be received prior to the parent interview.
- Prospective Student Evaluation: Applicants to the Elementary Program must provide a recommendation from their current teacher using the Prospective Student Evaluation form within two weeks of applying online. Evaluations must be received prior to the parent interview.
Saint James' admits new students on the basis of character, past academic day care or school experience, and assessment of the child's potential to profit from and contribute to the life of the School. Among qualified applicants, students are accepted in the following order: (1) current students and their siblings (2) pledging parishioners of Saint James' Episcopal Church (3) Early Application applicants, and (4) all others. Admission continues on a rolling basis until all classes are full. Our commitment to diversity and desire to maintain an inclusive community, which includes students and families of all ethnic, economic, religious and racial backgrounds, is fundamental to our philosophy and mission.
Saint James' Episcopal School is committed to providing an affordable education for families in our community. Limited tuition assistance is available for those who qualify. Interested families must apply to the School before tuition assistance can be requested. For more information on our tuition assistance program, please contact the Business Office at 540-347-3855 x219.
- Signed enrollment contract due March 15 or within two weeks of receipt
- School fee, non-refundable ($175 preschool, $450 grade 3 includes technology fee, $350 all other elementary grades) due March 15 or within two weeks after acceptance
- Tuition contract due March 15 or within two weeks after acceptance
- Original birth certificate, if not already on file (we will verify and return original)
- One month's non-refundable tuition (billed by FACTS) due May 10 or 20, depending on your contract
- Current immunization records for all preschool students or the School Entrance Health Form for new elementary students, due August 1 or within two weeks after acceptance