In 2018 our Church and School communities enthusiastically supported our growing church and school by financing both renovations and new educational wing construction. Renovating existing space and adding more rooms on to our current footprint will relieve the strain of tight quarters and help to maintain the integrity of our church and school union. Renovation and expansion will also allow us to enhance our presence in the local community while increasing our accessibility to those who depend on us for space.
- Elevator, ramps, a lift, and ADA-compliant, family-friendly bathrooms will allow anyone to access the church and school.
- Our growing music programs will thrive with space designated for storage and practice.
- Larger and more modern classrooms will enable creative instruction and optimal class sizes.
- Adequate office spaces will provide much needed small meeting space.
- Our flower and altar guilds will flourish with space customized for the work required of these ministries.
- Student arrival and dismissal will be more efficient with a defined entrance for the school and a circular drive.
We are building the foundation for Saint James’ to be a relevant and vital force for good for countless people yet to enter our doors. Just imagine the transformative connections waiting to be made!
Project Update, September 2018:
Renovation work on existing building:
- Remodeled and enlarged main men's and ladies' bathrooms 2nd floor - complete
- Remodeled men's and ladies' bathrooms 1st Floor - complete
- Vesting room adaptation for flower guild space - complete
- Sacristy remodel - 60% complete
- Repair of dishwasher room floor and new dishwasher - complete
- Humidity control in activity room - complete
- Cabinets for music room - complete
- Music room expansion - complete
- New preschool classrooms with bathrooms 1st floor - complete
- Risers for music room - being fabricated
- Bell room - complete
- New air conditioners for parish hall - complete
- Wheelchair lift in parish hall - complete
Work on new wing:
- Elevator installation - ongoing
- Ceiling installation - ongoing
- Bathroom fixtures installation - complete
- Interior painting - ongoing
- Outside grading and bio-retention filter - in progress
- Electrical system connected to Dominion Power - complete